Here is what some of my former colleagues and students say about me...
- Milena Petrova, Bulgaria: "My teacher Julia is great, I feel comfortable and confident after my lessons with her. Thanks to her I found it easier to speak and write English. She was able to identify my errors and help me correct them. I've known her for one year and she is a good listener. I recommend her lessons."
- Sergey Suslov, Russia: "Thank you to Julia for all the hard work. Her efforts were not in vain! My English speaking boss and other colleagues noticed a clear improvement in my pronunciation and grammar. Julia perfectly identified my weaknesses and systematically eliminated them. Her persistence and patience cause admiration. She remained calm and inspiring even when I found things challenging. Julia correctly provided materials for lessons so that language learning was not only useful but also interesting."
- Sebastian Kulwikowski, Poland: "Julia taught me in 2016. She is a highly professional, very skilled and well-prepared teacher. During ten hours of lessons I reached another level of my English skills. Lessons were carefully constructed, my questions and doubts clearly explained. I always had homework to do. Julia is understanding, patient, and incredibly punctual. Apart from that, she is always smiling and shares lots of positive energy with people, and is also very easy to talk to. I fully recommend her lessons."
- Gerard Aguilar, Spain: "Julia is an amazing teacher, very flexible and adaptable to your needs, and always willing to help and solve any doubt. Thanks to Julia I feel more comfortable when speaking English, and I’ve lost the “fear” of being involved in a conversation with English native speakers."
- Gema Puertas, Spain: "Julia is a great teacher, she helped me a lot with my pronunciation and common mistakes, because I was used to writing in English but in my surroundings nobody used to correct my mistakes. Thanks to her I passed the CAE exam. Thanks Julia!"
- Alessio Gaspardo, Italy: "Julia is an excellent teacher, for sure the best one I've ever had! I was lucky and it was a privilege to study with her, because she is very professional, kind and teaches English with passion.
She helped me to pass my IELTS exam with unexpected results; she has a great knowledge and experience on this kind of test. Thanks to her I improved my level of grammar, speaking and writing, but most importantly she helped me to be more confident about my English. Studying with her was also a great opportunity to know and appreciate better the British customs and culture.
Also important, I found in her a very human approach: I've seen too many teachers around who do their job like robots, but in order to establish a good relationship between the teacher and the student the human component is fundamental.
If someone asked me for a suggestion for an English teacher or tutor, I would recommend Julia without hesitation, even if the student lives in another country, because she also does lessons via Skype." (Alessio scored 7 in his IELTS exam)
- Anya Kapteltsev, Ukraine: "Julia helped me to pass my IELTS exam and the result was higher than I expected. I can tell you without exaggeration that I was extremely lucky to have Julia as my tutor. She is very professional, passionate about English, she's got a great sense of humour, and she knows exactly what she's doing. Julia is an amazing person! If you're looking for someone to help with your English improvement, then I definitely recommend Julia. Thank you very much for all you've done for me." (Anya scored 7 in her IELTS exam)
- Swati Khatkale, India: "It was my privilege to attend personalized English classes with Julia. She not only has an expert command of the language but also is a very dedicated, systematic, proactive, punctual, kind and considerate teacher. Apart from building my foundation of grammar, she aptly corrected minute details in my speech and writing. Her friendly attitude and smiling face made me comfortable and accustomed in a new country. Her way of teaching was innovative, interesting and fun. The best part of her sessions was her caring personalized attention to details and moral support, which helped me to develop confidence. With her guidance, I was able to score 7.5 in the IELTS exam. Apart from English, she also helped me to learn a few phrases and sentences in French and German for my trip to Europe. I am extremely grateful to her from the bottom of my heart for improving my language skills as well as my confidence level. I really wish that all teachers in this world were as knowledgeable, nice and down to earth as her. She is one of the best teachers I have ever met. I recommend her to everybody who would like to improve their proficiency in English language. "
- Magdalena Zakrzewska, Poland: "Julia was my private tutor for half a year. However, we've never actually met - she taught me on Skype. These online lessons gave me a lot of flexibility, as I could adjust them to my daily schedule. Looking for a tutor, I set some requirements for my tutor-to-be: they were to be experienced, familiar with teaching methods, friendly... and ready to customize the lesson plan to my ideas, consisting of my weak points and vocabulary as it came up. Julia fulfilled these expectations and I found her a very good teacher. She corrected my mistakes while we were speaking, answered my countless questions starting with nesting birds and finishing with swear words, and explained subtle differences between synonyms. What's more, she gave me some basic information about current political affairs, pop culture, and British society. Aside from the content, I was also pleased with the format of the lessons: Julia's very friendly, with an unfailing positive attitude and tension-relieving smile. The atmosphere in the lessons was relaxed, without any stress or nervousness. As a language teacher myself, I can honestly recommend Julia to anybody looking for both a professional and understanding teacher."
- Sergi Garcia i Gisbert, Barcelona: "I think the best thing about our lessons is that thanks to Julia I can now develop my professional activity in English. With Julia's classes I lost the embarrassment of speaking English and learned the basics to hold a conversation. Thank you for everything Julia!" (Sergi is a Nordic Walking instructor at Bendhora)
- Montse Vendrell, Barcelona: "I highly recommend taking Skype Lessons with Julia because it is an excellent way to improve your English in a flexible and fun way with a great teacher."
- Jordi Fusté, Barcelona: "Julia possesses superior verbal and written communication skills along with a genuine love for the English language. Her methodology makes her classes enjoyable and pleasant. She is extremely kind and polite. She is able to communicate effectively and she displays many fine personal and professional qualities that you would expect from an outstanding teacher."
- Xavier Vaquerizo, Barcelona: "I was lucky enough to take English classes with Julia. I teach Spanish to foreigners in Barcelona, which means that I can say from a professional point of view that she is an excellent teacher. However, her greatest asset is her empathy - the ability to understand her students' needs and the skill to capture their interests in understanding English. These characteristics can be found in few professionals, but her human and personal quality is what makes her unique. For all the reasons above, as both a student and teaching professional, I can recommend Julia as a teacher without any doubt.
Thank you Julia for your time, dedication and patience."
- Irene Fuertes, Barcelona: "I am pleased to recommend Julia Phang as a great English teacher. I took individual lessons with her for two years in Barcelona. My aim was to improve my English fluency.
She is a methodic, organised and a very patient teacher but she is also very kind and has a great sense of humour. She always knew how to help me. Every conversation with her was interesting and profitable. Now I really feel more confident when speaking English and I miss her... it was nice learning with her!"
- Laia Navarro, Barcelona: "Apart from being a great teacher, Julia is an intelligent person with a great sense of humour, which means she knows exactly what her students need and how to help them without them feeling that they're wrong all the time. I took classes with her for 4 months and my husband studied with her for about a year.
When Julia left we all cried, including our young daughter... We still haven't found a replacement. It was bad news for us, but it's good news for the people who now have her nearby.
Thanks for your patience Julia!!"
- Oscar Ollé, Barcelona: "I took classes with Julia for over a year. Before that, I had a teacher during working hours but I realised she didn't understand my needs, difficulties or abilities... Julia is certainly a very good psychologist! With her my level has improved and, most importantly, I have lost the fear of speaking!
She then began teaching my wife, and if Julia hadn't left, we would have asked her to teach our 7-year-old daughter too! We all cried when she left, and still do not have a teacher .... it will be very difficult to find "another" Julia ...... perhaps impossible!"
- Fermín Borrás, Barcelona: "I contacted Julia to give private lessons in my office in Barcelona from when she'd just arrived from England until the end of last year when she went back. During this short period of time, thanks to her skills in teaching English, my two colleagues and I have improved our English a lot, despite not having much free time to study or do homework! I gave her telephone details to some friends who were looking for a very good English teacher in Barcelona and I’m trying to do the same with these little paragraphs. In my opinion Julia is a good teacher and I felt very comfortable with her because she really loves teaching English."
- Salvatore Prudente, Switzerland: "Julia is a highly qualified teacher who understands her students' needs and priorities. I have really been making progress thanks to her and she always provides me with customised lessons. I met with her in London three years ago and I am still continuing taking English classes with her via Skype."
- Núria Puig, Barcelona: "I was looking for an English teacher to improve my communication skills and a colleague recommended Julia to me. Having English lessons with her has been really helpful. She's very professional and adapts her lessons to your needs, preparing different kind of exercises when she thinks that there are some concepts you need to practise. And on top of that, she's an excellent person, very easy going and very easy to talk with. If you're looking for a private English teacher, Julia will suit your needs perfectly."
- Nuria Aiguabella, Barcelona: "I contacted Julia because I wanted to get ready for the IELTS exam. Taking lessons from her is such a pleasant experience: she is easy going, comprehensive and very well organised. She has an in-depth knowledge of the exam she is helping you prepare for, and her experience really is a plus. I would recommend everyone who has to prepare for an exam to contact Julia. Every lesson with her was well invested time!" (Nuria scored 8.5 in her IELTS exam)
- Anna Mestre, Barcelona: "I took classes with Julia for five months to improve my English fluency. It was a good experience: her classes are very enjoyable and we did lots of different things. I felt very comfortable with her. It's clear that she loves teaching and I would recommend her without a doubt."
- Esteban Marco, Barcelona: "Julia is everything I was looking for in a one-to-one teacher. She's a great teacher who can evaluate your needs and adapt lessons to suit your pace and schedule. The resources she provides make it clear that she knows the world of education well. A great professional and a great person who I really recommend, and I hope to continue enjoying her classes and her friendly nature for a long time."
- Oriol Duran, Barcelona: "Julia is a great teacher, who is methodical and adapts perfectly to your learning needs. She’s also a great person: it’s easy to connect with her, and she makes lessons into a pleasant experience. If I had to recommend someone to teach English, she would be my choice without a doubt."
- Josh Round, Director of Studies, St George International: "Julia Phang was employed as a full-time English Teacher in our school from July 2010 until October 2012. During this period, she proved to be an extremely reliable and dedicated employee who consistently performed well. There were no issues with time-keeping, sickness or any other matters and Julia demonstrated a very positive and professional attitude throughout her time with us. During Julia’s time with Saint George International, she showed herself to be a trusted and valued member of the teaching staff who was committed to caring for the needs of her students, as well as her own professional development, and I have no doubt that she will make a valuable contribution to other schools. In short, I would happily re-employ her."
- Takehiro Higuchi, Japan: “She is my favourite teacher. In the beginning I couldn't speak or understand much English but she was sympathetic, helpful, kind and understanding enough to help me improve it. Also she can adjust to your needs nicely. Although she sometimes speaks quite quickly, it definitely helps you improve your listening skills. I'm 100% you can enjoy learning English with her!”
- Cesare Tomè, Italy: “It is my pleasure to recommend Julia Phang as the best English teacher. She was a perfect teacher for me and she taught me the English language very well. Julia possesses an exceptional ability to connect with elementary and high level students both in the classroom and in individual lessons. She loves teaching English. Her mood is lovely. I could study for hours and hours with her without getting tired. I'm pleased to meet her as a teacher and especially as a person.”
- Dara Salomon, Argentina: "I liked the way that all the students took part equally in the lesson, without any differences. There was a lot of communication, which was good to learn to speak and, at the same time, get to know other people. The games that we played to learn more vocabulary, while using it, were good."
- Diego Bonaventura, Argentina: "I met Julia in February 2012 whilst staying in London to improve my English: I chose the well-known St George International school where Julia worked. She has excellent teaching skills, and a great capacity to capture her students’ attention and help them progress. As English is her mother tongue, and with her clear pronunciation and examples, she corrected the majority of my pronunciation errors. The group improved a lot thanks to Julia. She is very pleasant and dedicated, and her passion for what she does is clear."
- Christine Amberg, mentor teacher and Dr Kerstin Baumgart, head teacher: "Julia worked as a Foreign Language Assistant at the ImPULS School in Schmiedefeld during the school year 2006-2007. She worked mainly in the English department as a support to the English teachers, but also helped in French lessons. She taught pupils aged 11-16 years, and constantly endeavoured to make language lessons authentic and motivating, adapting well to the specific needs of both the younger and older pupils. With the younger children, she planned and led her own sequence of lessons, concentrating particularly on speaking and listening activities. In addition, she was a valuable source of support for older pupils preparing for examinations.
During her time with us, she proved herself to be empathetic, eager and hard-working. She succeeded in making the pupils at the school enthusiastic about her mother tongue. In addition to her teaching work, she took part in different conferences and extra-curricular activities including study trips. Furthermore, she actively participated in the preparation of various events, such as a training day for teachers in Thüringen on the topic of the Comenius project,. Together with a Language Assistant from the USA, she organised and held an afternoon's training course for English teachers in the local area.
The teachers and pupils at the ImPULS School thank her for her commitment and wish her all the best!"